Townsville Indoor Netball
“Indoor netball is fast paced and so much fun. A great way to get fit and socialise with friends.”
What is Indoor Netball?
Indoor Netball is a variation of netball traditionally played by women. Indoor netball has rapidly expanded to include males and has become the most popular mixed sports in Australia. Due to the fast paced, hi-energy, and exciting nature of the game, it is suitable for all ages and experience levels.
The rules of Indoor Netball are similar to traditional outdoor netball rules. The basic rules are:
- 7 players per team. Each player has a designated position and zone of the court they are allowed to move within (mixed teams are allowed a min of 2 or a max of 3 men);
- Extra players are allowed. Substitutions can only be made between quarters or if an injury occurs;
- Each match consists of 4 x 10 minute quarters (players may change positions during any quarter-time break);
- Netball is a non-contact sport and defenders must remain 1 meter from the ball-carrier at all times to avoid obstruction penalties;
- The court is completely surrounded by netting. There is no ‘out-of-bounds’, adding another dimension and tactics not available to traditional netball; and
- Teams earn bonus points on the ladder for each skin they win within a single game.
“Join a team or enter in your own team at the Wildcatz Indoor Sports.”
When can I play Indoor Netball?
Townsville Wildcatz Indoor Sports Timetable
Mixed Netball – Sunday nights from 4pm-7pm
Ladies Netball – Monday nights from 5:45pm-9pm
Ladies Netball – Tuesday nights from 5:45pm-9pm
Mixed Netball – Tuesday nights from 5.45pm-9pm
Ladies Netball – Tuesday mornings from 9:15am-11am
Ladies Netball- Wednesday mornings from 9:15am-11am
Junior Netball – Saturday mornings 8am-2pm
Our main focus at Wildcatz Indoor Sports is to make all the sports we offer as fun and social as possible. However we require teams to have a team uniform by the commencement of their fourth game. This uniform must meet our policy of requirements. If your team doesn’t have a team shirt then uniform penalties can apply.
Please contact us if you have any concerns.
What does it cost?
Team/Player Insurance: The weekly game fee is contributed towards insurance purposes.
Sign up fees: Unlike many sports, we have no sign up fees!
Match Fess: $105 per team per match Monday and Tuesday nights. $84 per team per match Sunday, Tuesday and Morning day times.
Reminder – All fees must be paid prior to any finals.