Code of Behaviour
WILDCATZ INDOOR SPORTS
This Code of Behaviour aims to set out the minimum standards for anyone involved in sport at our centre. It applies when playing, training or visiting the centre with your club or as an individual.
- PLAYERS PLAY AT OWN RISK
- Act within the rules and spirit of your sport
- Promote fair play over winning
- Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviours and skills
- Support opportunities for participation in all aspects of the sport
- Show respect and courtesy to all involved with the sport
- Respect the rights and worth of every person, regardless of their age, race, gender, ability, cultural background, sexuality or religion
- Respect the decisions of officials, coaches and administrators
- Wherever practical, avoid unaccompanied and unobserved one-on-one activity (when in a supervisory capacity or where a power imbalance exists) with people under the age of 18
- Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions
- Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment
- Do not tolerate abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour
- When smoking persons must remain at least 10 meters away from any entrance to building
- Give your best at all times
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit
- Play by the rules and show respect for other players, coaches and officials and never argue. No abuse of officials, sledging other players (including vilification) or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent
- Place the safety and welfare of the players above all else by implementing relevant sport safety policies and practices
- Operate within the rules and spirit of your sport -help your players to understand that playing by the rules is their responsibility
- Help each person (player, athlete, official, etc.) to reach their potential. Respect the talent, developmental stage and goals of each person and encourage them with positive and constructive feedback – Be a Good Sport!
- Show respect to and acknowledge opponents and officials -(e.g. shake hands before and after the game and say things like ‘good luck’, ‘thanks for the game’, ‘thanks ref’…’)
- Cooperate with your coach, team mates and opponents – without them there would be no competition
- Remember that young people participate for pleasure – winning is only part of the fun
- Obtain appropriate qualifications and keep up-to-date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young players
- Ensure that any physical contact with another person is appropriate to the situation and necessary for the person’s skill development
- Speak to a member of staff immediately if you have an issue, feel unsafe or are concerned about someone else
Parents and Spectators
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment – not yours
- Encourage children to play according to the rules – settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence
- Never ridicule or yell at a child – for making a mistake or not winning
- Respect officials’ decisions – encourage children to do likewise
- Show appreciation for coaches, officials and staff
- Applaud good performance and efforts – from all individuals and teams
- Congratulate all participants- regardless of the game’s outcome
- Condemn the use of violence, verbal abuse or vilification in any form – regardless of whether it is by spectators, coaches, officials or players
- Support involvement in modified rules games and other junior development programs
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person -regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- If there is an issue or a complaint speak directly to the Manager on Duty and we will handle the subject accordingly.
- By nominating your team you agree to the terms and conditions of play which are governed by our centre policies and you are making a commitment to play the entire season. The following policies are in place to assist us in providing an enjoyable and competitive competition with integrity. These policies allow for a smooth operation and are designed to protect the reliable majority.
These policies are being introduced to ensure a fair and enjoyable participation in sport and are designed to improve player safety, satisfaction and ensure the integrity of competition. The most important aspect of a well-functioning centre is good communication between staff, managers, captains and players. We encourage you to like us on Facebook, regularly visit our website, read messages around the centre and acknowledge our messages on player log in screens
- You must complete your team’s player login before every game, or players will be ineligible for the finals. It’s your responsibility to make sure this has been completed. Players who have not been selected will be deemed to have not played the game.Please be aware that if the wrong players have been selected or if the players have not been selected at all this may cause unnecessary disruptions during your game. All players must have played at least 4 games during the regular season to qualify for finals. No player can qualify for two (2) different sides in the same division on the same night,(same sport), for finals.
- Be on time for your game, paid and ready to go or risk being penalised!
Our centre operates a “Pay to Play” system. Your games fees are per team and will be paid in full each game irrespective of playing short or using fill in players.
It is our centre policy not to take individual player payments. All game fees need to be paid. All game fees are due before players take the court.
For teams wishing to pay for the entire season upfront we offer a discount of 1 game.
If games fees are behind, management reserves the right to remove your team from the competition.
If you have any agreements with team sponsors this is between you and them and the centre will not be involved in these situations.
- Forfeits– When your team registers to play at Wildcatz Indoor Sports you can expect a game each week. It is for this reason, we take a very serious view to a game being forfeited. If some of your team is unavailable it is your responsibility to find replacement players. Wildcatz may be able to help with fill-in players if given due notice. We also understand that some weeks it just isn’t possible to field a team so please let us know in advanced to avoid any penalties occurring. Please contact Wildcatz in the event of a problem and we will try to help you to the best of our abilities. Forfeit Penalties a) Less than 24hrs notice game fee and -8 competition points. b) A week to 24hrs notice will result in -8 competition points.
Game times are set and must be adhered to. It is essential your team is ready to play at the allotted time (in game penalties may apply). A representative from your team must be available 10mins before your game.
Player Log-in screens must be used prior to your team’s allotted start time. It is essential that all player details are correct and entered properly. This is important to ensure player qualification details are correct.
All fixtures are scheduled to maintain the integrity of our competitions.
If your team have any dates that may be of concern, please communicate this with management as soon as possible.
Good communication with our staff and being organised is the best way to avoid these situations. We endeavor to assist with finding fill in players if we are given enough time, but cannot guarantee.
We will endeavor to facilitate requests for preferred time slots, but to remain fair to all; teams are expected to play at all allotted times.
If a BYE is requested the week previous or earlier, no penalty will apply, NO POINTS awarded.
1st Offence – If your team forfeits (with less than 48 hours notice) your team will lose forfeit points (every sport -8) and must pay your full game fee. If your team forfeits with less than 24 hours notice before the scheduled game time, you will incur an8 point penalty as well as a Double Game Fee. Please note unless prior arrangement has been with Management and payment is not received you will be taken out of the competition until payment is made.
2nd Offence – Instant removal from the competition and full game fee must be paid.
- If your team falls behind in game fees you will have 1 week from game day to catch up. Otherwise, you will receive no points for that game
- Uniform penalties apply from round 4. (See attached)
- Points System
i Cricket 4 pts for a win, 2 pts for a draw and 1 bonus pt for every partnership/skin won.
ii Netball/ Soccer 4 pts for a win, 2 pts for a draw and 1 bonus pt for every 10 minute quarter/skin won.
iii Beach Volleyball 4 pts for a win, 2 pts for a draw and 1 bonus pt for every quarter/skin won.
10 Bonus points will be given to all teams who play or have nominated to play in the first round of the new season.
A skin is referred to as either a ¼ of a timed sport or a batting pair in cricket. You will be rewarded 1 competition point or bonus point for each skin that you win. In the event of a drawn skin the point will jackpot to the next skin, if the last skin is a tie then it rolls back to the preceding skin.
- Check results, fixtures and statistics on the web at www.wildcatzindoorsports.com.au
If we have your email address, you will be able to access even more relevant information about you and your team. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zero tolerance of abuse of staff members and umpires. Also unsportsmanlike conduct.
If any player is sent off from any game at WISA they will have an automatic 1 week suspension with the possibility of a lengthier suspension if the offence is deemed serious.
For the enjoyment of all players and spectators the centre has a strict policy on misconduct. Foul, aggressive or abusive language, fighting, equipment and facility abuse, threats to staff, assault and similar conduct is strictly prohibited at our Centre by all players, officials and supporters. Penalties of Suspensions or removal from the centre may apply at the discretion of Management. In serious cases calling the appropriate authorities and legal action may apply. We are a licensed premises and no alcohol may be brought into the centre.
- Please make your team-mates aware of our licensed areas that must be strictly adhered to. Alcohol may only be consumed inside the building or on the cemented area near the volleyball courts. NO alcohol is to be taken outside or brought on to the premises.
- We strongly recommend that all jewellery is removed before playing any sport.
- In line with government legislation smoking is not permitted inside the venue. Smoking is only permitted outside the venue, at least 10 metres from any entrance. Smoking near the volleyball area is only permitted outside the cemented area.
We hope you enjoy yourself every time you come to Wildcatz Indoor Sports Arena, if you ever have a problem, a question or a concern please don’t hesitate to contact one of our management team. Good Luck and most importantly have a whole lot of fun!!!!!
The following is the Captains Letter in more detail.
As the team captain you will play a vital link between Wildcatz Indoor Sports and your team. The more organised you are, the more efficiently your team will run. If you ever need help or assistance, please ask one of the management team.
- Player Registration and Qualification
At the commencement of the season Team Captains will be required to make sure that all player’s details including mobile phone numbers and email addresses are up to date and accurate.
This is to make sure that all players can always be contacted and access up to date information and statistics.
Before each game you must complete the player login process for your team. If ever you are unsure or have a question please do not hesitate to ask one of the staff for assistance. Players who have not been selected will be deemed to have not played the game. Please be aware if the wrong players have been selected or if players have not been selected at all this may cause unnecessary disruptions during the game.
This data will also be used as a check for player qualifications for the finals series. Any player participating in the finals series must have played a minimum of 4 games for your team during the regular season to participate at any time during the final series.
Please note that no player can represent more than 1 team in the same sport on any one night.
- Higher Graded Players
Any player who is currently playing in a higher grade in-house team or is a known higher standard player must play 4 games for your team before round 7. This stops teams deliberately stacking their teams close to finals. Management will always have the final say in any dispute. If you have ever got a query do not hesitate to contact one of the management team at your earlier convenience.
- Game Times and Penalties
It is crucial that your team is ready to play at the scheduled game time. All teams will be required to arrive 10 minutes prior to game time commencement. Game fees and player logins must be paid and completed prior to commencement of game. Penalties will apply for teams who do not begin games on time. Remember that all teams play late games so when it’s your turn you will be very appreciative if the teams playing before you have started on time.
When your team registers to play at Mackay Indoor Sports Arena you have every right to expect a game each week. It is for this reason we take a very serious view of game forfeits. Game times are set around your preferences and cannot be changed. If some of your team is unavailable it is your responsibility to find replacement players. Forfeits are not acceptable! Management may be able to assist in contacting fill-in players (given due notice) if necessary. By all means contact us in the event of a problem but do not expect to be able to forfeit without penalties.
The ONLY PERSON who may authorise a team forfeit is the Duty Manager.
1ST OFFENCE – Your team must pay your game fee within 7 days of your scheduled game, and you will lose 8 points from your premiership ladder. If payment is not made your team will be taken out of the competition until all money owing is paid. Please note even if you give more than 48 hours notice your team will have to play the game at a later date. More likely this will be at an unpreferred time-slot. If no suitable time can be found to play this game than your team will be responsible for payment of your game fee.
2ND OFFENCE – Immediate removal from competition.
- Local Rules & Uniforms
Please make sure that you read the attached Local Rules and Uniform Requirements carefully, and pass this information on to your team.
- Points System
A skins point system is played across all sports except volleyball at Mackay Indoor Sports. This is to add more interest to each game, as every game you play is broken into quarters. Your team will receive 4 points for the highest game score, 2 points if the game is a draw, and one bonus point for every quarter you win. If the scores in a particular quarter are tied the bonus point will jackpot, so the next quarter jackpots to 2 bonus points. In the event that the last quarter is tied the previous period is worth 2 points.
- Our new Sportsoft Sports Management software has allowed Mackay Indoor Sports to enter into unprecedented waters for an Indoor Sports Centre. The system means you have greater access to a world of information. Your team schedules, team ladders, player’s statistics, career averages, career strike rate plus much more information can all be accessed from our website at www.wildcatzindoorsports.com.au. To access much of this information you will have to be logged in using your email address and randomly generated password. All you need to do to receive this information is to make sure your email address has been sent to us at email@example.com.
As we are one of the first indoor sports centre anywhere in the world to be offering this service with so much functionality, these reports are being continually added to and modified. If you do notice a flaw or have any suggestions please feel free to forward them onto us.
- Zero Tolerance of abuse staff members/umpires and unsportsmanlike conduct
We pride ourselves on providing a fun, social atmosphere where participants can come and enjoy a competitive game of sport and relax in the social surrounds after the game. It is for this reason that abuse of staff members will not be tolerated, both verbal and or physical. We also expect you to treat all opposition players in the same manner as you would wish to be treated yourself.
If you are involved in such an incident expect to be suspended or completely banned.
If you have a question or concern, please do not hesitate to ask the umpire for assistance. If you are not happy with the outcome please talk to one of the management team immediately and we can assist you if possible. At the end of the day we are here to help you and everyone else have maximum enjoyment.
Once again, welcome to our new season, and we encourage your questions, comments and suggestions.
Please feel free to chat to one of the management team at any time. Good luck with your team this season!
It is the responsibility of the Team Captains to obtain times and advise all team members of their respective game times each week. For your information game times and scheduled are also available on the web at www.wildcatzindoorsports.com.au
Finals: In the case of a tie in a finals game
Semi-Finals – for all sports: If the final score is tied then the team that has finished higher on the ladder at the end of the regular season will proceed through to the Grand Final.
Cricket – If the final score is tied, it reverts back to skins won. If the number of skins won is tied then a mini-game is to be played.
Beach Volleyball – If the final score is tied than play will continue until one team is ahead by 2 points.
Netball – If the final score is tied, then play will continue until one team is ahead by 2 points.
Soccer – If the final score is tied than one period of 5 minutes maximum duration of Golden Goal will be played. If there is no goal scored in this period than a sudden death penalty shoot-out will decide the winner.
The system for the finals is 1v4 and 2v3 with the winners from both teams going into the Grand Final on the Saturday night.
The game fees for all games that are played during the finals series must be paid in full.
Collection of Game Fees
To avoid getting behind in game fees we suggest the following:
#1. Several teams have already initiated a very successful system whereby they collect three game fees on the first night of the season. The first nights game fee is then paid and each player has the other two payments held in credit against nights that they may not be available. If not used during the season, the two payments simply carry over and get used on the last two nights of the season. Simple but very effective!!!!!!
#2. Other teams run an ‘extra tin’ and collect an extra $1 per person per night, as a form of ‘insurance’. This extra dollar then pays for any player that misses a night. Any money left in the kitty at the end of the season buys a drink or two for each of the team members. Again simple!
All teams must be in uniform by the start of the 4th game of the season.
Shirts may be different designs & makes, but they MUST be the same colour.
In cooler weather, jumpers may be worn, but the team uniform MUST be worn underneath.
Singlets and crop tops may be worn.
Skirts (pleated or non-pleated) and shorts or bike pants may be worn. Shorts must have an elastic waist. Under no circumstances are denim or cargo pants allowed on court.
Special note: Players are not permitted to turn non-identical uniforms inside out to hide logos, patches or irregular colours etc. All players who have non-matching uniforms will be penalised according to the table below.
PENALTIES FOR PLAYERS OUT OF UNIFORM
Cricket- 5 runs per player (max.20) Beach Volleyball (6)- 2 points per player (max.6)
Netball- 2 goals per player (max.6) Beach Volleyball (4)-2 points per player (max.4)
Soccer- 1 point per player (max.3)